Saturday 26 November 2016

HOW I WANT TO BRING BACK LIVE VOCAL TO NIGHTCLUBS

Nowadays nightclubs are flooded by deejays acts. What about the other genre such as live singing that has been diminished since many years. Unless you get a hit song, chances are low to feature a night event. But Alexi Armandsen seems to have the answer with his "Armandsen Live Vocal Remix Show, creating better sound while retaining the groove and rhythm of the original songs to bring you some new flavour to existing tracks.


 Nowadays nightclubs are flooded by deejays, but what about the other genre of act that are diminished

Please introduce yourself to our readers.

Alexi Armandsen, host, singer, deejay. In that order lol. Been in and out the industry, for the past years because sometimes it is necessary. The music industry can be good or bad with you. So, if you can step aside from time to time, to keep your mind fully functional, just do it. I've been working with Jose Delgado, Danny Ulman, Boban Apostolov, Romeo Bravo, Jerry Wess from Futuristic Lingo, Futuristic Lingo, Young Marquis, Hi-Def, Roster Music, Loops Lab...

Who or what inspired you to get into the music industry?

Well, my entourage back in the 90’s influenced me a lot. I grew up with friends & mates doing music of all kind, guitarists, bassists, drummers, deejays, pianists, all type of music were involved. I've listened from classical music to nu-metal, gospel, hip-hop and RnB, etc. I am multi-genre. I am open minded when is about music. This morning I listened a classical music of 1928, Bolero of Maurice Ravel, a real masterpiece for me. My last concert was DISTURBED a metal group from Chicago. I can find inspiration in any genre. If I love it, it will give me a boost do to be part of the musical movements and bring me creativity. Music gives you such a feeling that you want to bring your touch too.

Unique vocal, unique lyrics, unique melodies? Can you explain us?

Certainly, each track I work on, I need to add some extra verses and melodies to obtain a unique version of the song in a way that says;" Oh that way of singing it is Alexi Armandsen. It has to be the same for the melodies and the lyrics. Each great singers I listen to, have a special touch. Listen to Sisqo from Dru Hill or K-ci Hailey from Jodeci when listening to them; I can recognise their voices, but then I know they will sing their little voice trick or gimmick. So it's the same for me, I have my personal vocal gimmick, and it defines who I am as a performer. To hear it you will have to come and discover me live.


How do you select your songs for your live shows?

I can select songs from all my deejays friends' advice or simply browsing websites made for deejays. A way I like to do is to listen to some mixes on youtube according to the genre I need to work on. That way I can work on something else while listening and if something tickles my eardrums, I just stop and take few minutes to get more information about the targeted track. That's the best way for me, cause I feel more relax. And i also select the song for his groove; I need to feel it, I can also submit it to ask some opinions from the deejays, to be sure that we connect with the live playlist.

What would it be like to see you in person performing those songs?

You will have the feeling to be in a private concert or should I say a showcase, cause my remixes songs are exclusively made for live events. Imaging listening to the last hot tracks from the charts and then coming from nowhere that extra verses or hooks that bring a new flavour to the original song. You won't be able to find them on the market, unfortunately, but You will feel the energy cause I want the audience to be happy. I bring a presence on the stage and among the crowd. Just imagine how excited when you were at your last concert, looking at your favourite artist and singing along with all the people.
I want to interact with the audience to make the night unforgettable.

You perform at clubs and different venues. What makes you different from other performers?

My vocal. My voice is my primary weapon when I host (and vocally emceeing), I am not kind of person that entertain by only screaming non-stop. I am gifted enough to be able to sing, so I use my voice. I sing some verses and hooks all specially written by myself; all blended into custom tracks from the charts. My team is here to helps me if needed; it can be for melodies or even lyrics arrangement. In that way, i can reach a great combination with the playing tracks that are designed for the shows. Clubs need to bring something a little extra to their nights, and this is why I've launched my "Live Vocal Remix Show" because I bring that extra to any events.

Having some vocalist during the night with specific tracks and vocal, give your audience the feeling to have an artist showcasing at their party. And it enables you at the same time to showcase your productions.


Tracks you perform live are in the market as well, or do you have some tracks made especially for club performances?

All my remixes are only customised for club performances; maybe I could release few of them in the market but not at the moment. The only tracks available would be my production, I have the chance to have as music partner few well-known names from the music industry such as Boban Apostolov, Rickey Rainbow and Justyn Brodsky to help me reaching what I want. Shortly I'd like to have some production from ‘the glowsticks” I love their style, and it might suit me, but in a near future when time and schedule enable it.


What's your music genre?

For live shows, my genre is clubbing (dance, deep house, electro, etc. )any music that generates energy, make dance people and where I can drop my vocal. Hip-hop and Rnb are also part of my shows; I love so much genre that I don’t want to be stuck in one and only genre. I am a versatile artist, so I perform whatever I want and makes me feel good, and people will feel the spreading love. I wish one day to be able to perform some slow jam in nightclubs, lol. But it will be for another type of events I guess unless I find a way to integrate it into my show. But all is possible.



What's the best way to book you for performance?

You can reach me through my website www.armandsen.com or at arman.booking@gmail.com. My website is about to get a lifting so don't get surprised.


Have you set some goals for future as a music artist?

As a music artist, I am trying to prepare few pop-metal-rock type of songs; I love that 90’s nu-metal sounds, and it gave me few ideas. I had the chance to recently start to learn the electric guitar, and I want to give myself a try with a couple of songs but with my touch, and a modern vision by mixing my favourite genre. I am blessed enough to have with me the talented Elena Kuzovkova from who is my new sound engineer; she has some great abilities in production. I love her vision, professionalism and creativity, exactly what I need to go further. She brings her expertise into my vocal remixes, and I can't wait to start to work on a full project from A to Z. She is the right person for my music project; I am sure with time the result will be tremendous. The Glowsticks are on my wish list regarding significant production. I have been following them for quite a long time, and I hope pretty soon go ahead with them when the time is right, and my schedule enables me to do it. But I'll do my best to have my projects achieved as soon as I can!

0 comments:

Post a Comment